Eco-driving is a way of saving you money, reducing emissions and pollution. This is important to Arrow Driving Academy as we think that everyone should play a part in keeping a greener planet. So here are a few tips that we would like to share with you to help you become an eco-friendly driver.
- Never carry unnecessary weight in the boot as this can result in extra fuel usage.
- When roof racks and roof boxes are not needed remove them as these increase drag.
- Using air conditioning, window demisters and headlights etc. all increase your fuel consumption.
- Drive smoothly and avoid harsh braking, good driving techniques save fuel. Drive in the highest gear possible as this is a fuel effective way of driving.
- Always plan your route and check for any roadwork’s that may cause traffic jams. Avoid rush hour traffic.
- Don’t leave your engine running for long periods of time whilst stood idle.
- Always scrape your windows rather than running the engine to defrost them.
- Always keep your car well maintained by having regular services.
- Check tyre pressures regularly as under inflated tyres wear out faster and waste fuel.
- Try to avoid a full tank of fuel if it’s not necessary. Make sure the fuel cap is replaced correctly as if it isn’t airtight your fuel will evaporate.
- Always drive progressive and not aggressive as progressive driving will save you fuel.
- Where possible car share or park and ride.
Eco-Driving = Greener driving
If you want to start your driving lessons or have already passed your driving test and want to do a pass plus or even some motorway driving tuition we are always here to help at Arrow Driving Academy.